petition to make young adult authors stop writing about girls whose lives change when they meet a boy
When she saw him time slowed to a stop. He was so perfect and she knew her life would never be the same because she had finally found him. The one. The first boy she would ever kill.
I just can’t
“When thinking of iconic romance, ask yourself if any imagery (paintings, photographs, film-stills) comes to mind that is not showing heterosexual couples? Probably not,” says photographer Braden Summers of his photo series of everyday gay and lesbian couples from around the globe.
These are so accurate!
Reblogging besause Fassy
THE MONSTER KNOWN AS
*whispering* This makes me so freaking happy… I can’t even begin to explain
I did not realize how much I needed this in my life until this moment
- “Eat” the damn Play-doh cookies.
- Slurp the invisible soup.
- Pretend that they’re not causing grievous bodily harm as they “brush” your hair.
- Always be serious when asked what you’d like for dinner, and never say something silly like rabbit soup. Because they will go get their stuffed one off the bed, put it in your best pot, and fill said pot with water. Then place it on your desk.
- Greet their make believe friends and ask how their day was.
- Always kiss the teddy bear goodnight. It has feelings too.
- Always pretend to die when they shoot you.
- If you are having a fake war with them and you shoot them and they say they can’t die because they are invincible, you don’t shoot them again, because they are invincible.
- Yes, their drawing does look like a butterfly, not a bunch of jumbled up lines.
- Them pounding on the piano is the best thing you have ever heard.
no but seriously it’s very important to a child’s development to not be shut down by parents and other caregivers
once when i was little i gave my mum a bowl full of buttons and she got really into pretending it was real food. when she asked me ‘is it soup?’, i turned around, and with the most disapproving glare just went ‘no. it’s buttons’.
Dont do what i did and actually eat the playdough, it tastes like shit
The importance of encouraging children is SO CRUCIAL! I can’t tell you how many elementary-aged students I have come through my class saying they “can’t do this” or “I’m not good enough”. Boosting their confidence and creativity gives them the opportunity to broaden their spectrum and accomplish so much. I found that the best thing about teaching children at a younger age is that they don’t know any better. As an adult, we know we can’t logically do certain things, but as a kid they think they can do or be anything in the world! Having this innocence helps them achieve so much. Never shut them down!
"78% of men would rather date a confident plus size woman than an insecure supermodel" who cares. literally who cares
maybe if we didn’t pit women against one another to be the ~most desirable to men neither would be insecure. 78% of men would rather date a confident fat woman but 100% of women deserve more than to have their worth based on how willing some irrelevant guy is to take on their insecurities CAUSED by this fucking culture in the first place.